Enjoy a cup of tea!

Enjoy a cup of tea!

I Made The Front Page!





Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Jane and Noel!















































































Well, two Brits, one birthday! Both gave us so much wit, and a few good film versions for the modern attention span as well! I have to say that I am currently in full Jane Austen mode, watching film after film after film (with a bit of reading in between!) of her beautiful works. I adore her, and am quite obsessed with her at the moment. About 2 years ago, I went through a Noel Coward period, and I even went so far as to take a picture of my little boy a la Noel Coward. You see two of the shots here. I had to bribe him with chocolate, but I think these are priceless!


I find it amazing, and quite interesting that these two share a birthday. They are both SO clever and are both writers, and I happen to adore them both--much in common! As a tribute, I would recommend 2 films for anyone interested:




1. Noel Coward's "Brief Encounter," (1945) starring Celia Johnson and Trevor Howard. Poetry in black and white!



2. Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice," (1995) starring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth (the ULTIMATE Mr. Darcy!). Just brilliant. (By the way, if you can't watch hours and hours of a film, I would next recommend the 1995 version of "Persuasion." I defy you not to be moved by the conclusion!)




Get swept away, if you will, in these masterpieces, inspired by the masterpieces of 2 amazing artistes: Noel Coward and Jane Austen

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment